Streamlined to a degree that a designer can’t help but admire, the reboot of Final Fantasy 14 Download for PC version has received some overwhelmingly positive reviews.
From the new gorgeous landscapes with great ambiance and fresh perspectives, to the latest flying feature and wondrous soundtracks, all these have made the gaming experience an absolute delight for the users. The game development teams at Square Enix, under the guidance of their director Naoki Yoshida, have done a fantastic job and over four million players are enjoying the fruits of that success.
FFXIV’s storyline is the backbone of the video game. The writing, which had always been gripping and addictive, is now being taken to new heights. There’s a parallel of love and betrayal, comedy and sadness, hilarious boss battles and touching moments that stay with you long after they’ve passed.
The writing is top-notch, and the consistence of quality drives the gamers through the entirety of Heavensward with an insatiable hunger just to know what happens next.
Putting aside the excellent plot, the teams at Square Enix have made it easier than ever to catch up: main scenario quests have had their experience rewards doubled, and also provide fancy equipments. You’ll also be put in priority lists for dungeons and story instances to get you through them hassle free.
The expansions zones, that are now bigger and better than ever, allows players to take advantage of their versatility with the introduction of flying mounts.
Installation Procedure of Final Fantasy XIV for PC
Installation Setup for ffxiv in PC
To launch the installer, double click on the ffxivsetup.exe file downloaded.
After you have launched the installer, the region/language selection screen will be displayed. Select your choice of language for the installer and the game. This option will be automatically set to your Windows region/language by default.
Following things should be kept in mind –
- It may so happen that a User Account Control prompt may be displayed for gamers having Windows Vista® and Windows® 7. Select “Yes” to proceed with the installation procedure.
- Make sure that you launch the installer as a user with administrator rights. Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 users may be prompted to go for an administrator password.
- Selecting a language different from the one fixed fir your operating system may cause the installer to display corrupted text.
Note on Background Applications
Afterwards, read and follow the on-screen instructions regarding background applications and anti-virus software. Click “Next” when you are ready to proceed further.
Destination Folder Optimization
Select the destination folder where you want the game data to be installed. If you want it to be downloaded in a different folder, click “Browse” and designate a new destination folder. However, before changing the default location, make sure of these things.
- The drive that has been chosen for installation must have at least 20 GB of free space available.
- The drive where the My Documents folder is located must have at least 2 GB of free space available.
- The drive in which you have your Windows program installed must have at least 1 GB of free space available.
- The name of the destination folder must not contain any double-byte characters. Once you’re through with this, now you have a chance to review your settings. If you are satisfied with the settings, click “Next” to begin with the copying process of files.
- Check the text box if you wish to create a shortcut on your desktop, and then click “Finish” to complete the installation process. For an instruction guide on how to log into and begin playing the game, you can refer to the Play Guide found on the community site of The Lodestone.
- Specifically for Windows®7 Users, if an error in operation appears, asking that you install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 to move forward during the installation process, please follow these steps to rectify the same:
- Right click on the ffxivsetup.exe file and open the “Properties” option.
- In the “Compatibility” tab, click on “Change settings for all users.”
- Uncheck the box for “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and click on “Apply.”
Recommended System Requirements
For an ideal performance, you should make sure that the minimum system requirements are being fulfilled to run the game as mentioned below.
- Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2.66GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon HD 7950 or higher
- Memory: 4GB of RAM.
- Disk Space: 20GB
- Broadband internet connection
Final Fantasy XIV for PC is an impressive expansion to Square Enix’s flagship MMO. There’s no single new addition of feature that can worsens your experience. It is simply more of the great content we’ve been introduced to, some of which has potential to evolve into something better and greater.
Unlike World of Warcraft, there’s no such requirement to reach out to everyone, so there’s still a sense of having to work hard and earn even basic progress at the back of our minds.
The music is phenomenal, the translation and dialogues are exquisite, and the fictional world offered by ffxiv for PC, is one that’s worth spending time in.
However, it’s all based on grind-heavy gameplay, and it is still subscription-based. My advice is to buy it, ravage through the new content, and then put it aside until another substantial expansion will be released.